- Get There
Do you speak "Shipster"? Familiarize yourself with the lingo you’ll be hearing on Warped Rewind at Sea!
1. towards or near the back of the ship
My cabin is all the way aft so I can be closer to the buffet.
1. a specific location on ship to gather, based on stateroom assignment.
2. the place you’ll meet before we set sail as part of the ship’s regular Safety Briefing.
You’ll find your assembly station location printed on your room key card.
1. the central court (or center area) on Deck 7, rising through the ship's interior.
2. location of Sixthman Info Desk, Norwegian Guest Services, and Shore Excursions.
I was having so much fun I lost my keycard! Thankfully the Norwegian Guest Service desk in the Atrium was able to print me a new one!
1. The area on Deck 6 where 3 different bars come together to make late night magic.
The stage in Bar City was going so late, I was able to get a drink at Magnum’s, Tankards AND Mixers. Now I need a nap.
1. a built-in bed or bunk, as in a ship's stateroom
The room steward is so awesome having the berth set up for turn down, now if only I made it back to my cabin before 3am.
1. the very front of the ship
I wanted to yell, “I’m king of the world” from the bow of the ship, but guests aren’t allowed out there.
1. the navigational control center, where the captain steers the ship
I fancy myself a sea captain, so I took a tour of the bridge. It was a lot more complicated than I thought. Better stick to partying.
1. an overhead diagram of the cabins and the public rooms
I got really turned around and couldn’t find my cabin, so I took a look at a deck plan, and made it home safe.
1. the day you have to get up to get off the ship
2. the process of saying goodbye to our guests as they all leave the ship
I didn’t bother going to sleep the night before debarkation.
1. the place where your ship 'parks' when in port
I was the first one off the ship and onto the dock when we got to port.
1. Toward the front of the boat.
When in stateroom hallways, the fish printed on the carpet always swim forward.
1. The area that allows you access on and off the ship
I made it to the gangway just in time!
1. a unit of nautical speed equal to one nautical mile per hour
I couldn’t feel the ship moving because we were only going 20 knots.
1. the middle of the ship
I made sure my cabin is located midship, so I can be in the middle of everything.
1. to come together or assemble aboard ship for inspection, roll call or an emergency
I watched the ship’s crew muster for a safety drill.
1. a structure built out over the water and supported by pillars or piles used as a landing place.
I got really excited and started running down the pier to the beach.
1. the left-hand side of a ship as one faces forward; opposite of starboard.
We remember port vs. starboard with this: The words "port" and "left" both have four letters.
1. regular stopover(s) on a cruise itinerary
We have one port of call: Cozumel.
1. Court on a ship used for basketball or other sports,
2. On Sixthman cruises, the place to find some really unique activities such as flip cup or Battleshots.
I went up to the Sports Court expecting to see people playing volleyball, but a band was teaching yoga instead.
1. the right side of the ship while facing forward
My cabin is on the starboard side of the ship.
1. a guest cabin
I may or may not have tried to get into the wrong stateroom at 2 o’clock this morning
1. the person who takes care of guest cabins and service aboard a ship.
My towel animal was out of control cute, so I made sure to thank my stateroom steward.
1. the very back of the ship
I love watching the waves from the stern